POWDER COATING WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Komet Sp. z o.o. provides warranty for powder coating with respect to:
- colour conformity (RAL colour),
- coating thickness (60-120 µm; deviation up to 20%),
- coating quality (adhesion, greasing resistance, no bubbling).
The warranty period is 2 years and commences upon acceptance of the work by the Customer.
The warranty is only valid if the following conditions are met:
- products are used and stored in standard atmospheric conditions
- products have not been exposed to aggressive media
- products intended for painting are free from (material and workmanship) defects
- products intended for painting have not been exposed to substances that may damage the coating, also after some time
- painted products or components are adequately protected during transport
- products or components are not damaged during unloading, assembly, and use.
The warranty does not cover:
- mechanical and chemical damage which occurred after the service has been provided
- services provided with the use of powder paint supplied by the Customer or purchased from a supplier specified by the Customer
- repainting products to another colour (applying another layer of coating)
- coating on products that were not manufactured according to best practices, including deformations caused by excessive stresses affecting the construction, also after some time
- damages occurring during installation or improper use
- defects caused by force majeure events and natural disasters
- normal wear and tear or changes resulting from the normal ageing process
- excessive exposure of products or components to ultraviolet radiation or humidity (possibility of staining and discolouration)
- contact with materials that may cause corrosion
- subjective defects which do not affect the aesthetics of the service provided
- indirect claims that are beyond our control, e.g. loss of satisfaction, customers, etc.
Assessment of coating quality
- coating is assessed only on the relevant (i.e. visible to the end user) surface of the product. The relevant surface shall be specified by the Customer prior to commencement of the service. The relevant surface must be free of any cavities or areas which are difficult to access during the painting process
- during assessment of the quality of the coating, all mechanical damages are verified and the way of using the products is considered, including exposure of the products to extreme weather.
- in order to maintain the aesthetics of the coating, products should be cleaned to remove dirt whenever necessary
- in areas where the coating may come into contact with concentrated atmospheric (chemical) contaminants such as industrial and coastal areas, it is necessary to increase the frequency of cleaning the products
- some cleaning agents may damage the coating. Aggressive cleaning agents may initiate corrosion. Their use is prohibited.
- we recommend neutral cleaning products with a pH between 5 and 8 for cleaning of the coating.
These warranty conditions come into force as of 01.03.2021.
Komet Sp. z o.o.